I made a list of the movies I own, and I wanted to share what they are and my fave quotes of them (this is so airheaded and high schoolish, but fuck it!)
so...
DVDs:

Labyrinth
"I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave."(sexy quote of forever)

Requiem for a Dream (Director's Cut)
"You smug fuck!" (now, I know it doesn't say much, but it's a very striking combination of words spoken by my one and only goddess, Jennifer Connelly)

Happenstance (or, by it's original title: Le Battement d'ailes du papillon)
Little tidbit: the american DVD cover (not the same as french edition) doesn't even correspond to the movie, apparently it's either from another movie, or casting photos for Audrey Tautou.

Amelie (orig. title: Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain)
"Sorry madam, I don't work on Sundays." (this coming from a beggar refusing money is kinda funy and cute)

Death to Smoochy (full-screen version ... I REPENT!)
"It's a shame this happened. Okay, now let's go pray and get shitfaced." (classic, mafia-style grief)

The Way of the Gun
"Can't you people see there are guns here? Get, the fuck OUT! GET OUT!"

Hannibal
Hannibal Lecter: Would you ever say to me "Stop. If you love me, stop?"
Clarice Starling: Not in a thousand years.
Hannibal Lecter: "Not in a thousand years"... That's my girl.
(so romantic, I wish they'd had left the original book ending)

Institute Benjamenta
It has no close captions, no subtitles, so this is a movie to watch calmly and at a reasonable volume, which I haven't been able to do yet.

The Brothers Quay Collection
Just pure genius without words.

Alice in Wonderland (Masterpiece Edition)
"Curiouser and curiouser." (this is just plain trademark, wish they'd had put in "We're all mad in here")

Jesus Christ Superstar
"Every time I look at you I don't understand why you let the things you did get so out of hand? You'd've managed better if you'd had a plan. Why'd you choose such a backwards time in such a strange land? If you'd come today you would've reached a whole nation. Israel in 4 B.C. had no mass communication."

The Ring
Aidan Keller: What happened to the girl?
Rachel Keller: Samara?
Aidan Keller: Is that her name?
Rachel Keller: Mm-hmm.
Aidan Keller: Is she still in the dark place?
Rachel Keller: No. We set her free.
Aidan Keller: You helped her?
Rachel Keller: Yeah.
Aidan Keller: Why did you do that?
Rachel Keller: What's wrong, honey?
Aidan Keller: You weren't supposed to help her.
That final line is fucking spooky.

Benny & Joon
"They used to be fat and juicy and now they're twisted. They had their lives stolen. Well, they taste sweet, but really they're just humiliated grapes. I can't say I am a big supporter of the raisin council." (this line is referred to in Pirates of the Caribbean, deleted scenes)

Charlie's Angels
Guilty pleasure .... **blush**
"I signed that release waiver, so you can just feel free to stick things in my slot."

The Man Who Knew Too Much
Haven't watched it yet (shame on me!)

Night of the Living Dead
Field Reporter: Are they slow-moving, chief?
Sheriff McClelland: Yeah, they're dead. They're all messed up.
JAJAJJAJAJAJAAAA!

Return to Oz
Jack Pumpkinhead: If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?
Dorothy: It happens to people all the time, Jack.

Clockwork Orange
"The Durango '95 purred away a real horrowshow. A nice warm vibraty feeling all through your guttiwuts!" (that composite word "horrorshow" is just sticky candy in your mind)
Jojo in the Stars
Just a beautiful movie, no quoting from its running 11:45 minutes needed. It breaks your heart and mends it in just one sweep.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2-disc Collector's Edition)
"Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating."

Queen Margot (orig. title: La Reine Margot)
Henri: Your mother hates me.
Margot: Yours hated me.
Henri: Yours killed mine.
Hee hee! Such murderous plot... all sprung from the St, Bartholomew Massacre (August 24, 1572) in Paris.

Casshern (copy)
What quotes? This movie is all about the visuals!!!

In the Mood for Love (orig. title: Fa yeung nin wa)(copy)
Another movie that doesn't need quoting. It's all about the ... moods.

Legend (Ultimate Edition)
Princess Lily: You are nothing but an animal!
The Lord of Darkness: [laughs] We are all animals m'lady.

Donnie Darko (The Director's Cut)
Donnie: Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?
Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

White Oleander (full-screen version, dammit!)
"Don't look at me like that. You're no different than I am... you just don't know it yet."
VHSs
Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Mermaid
Don't have quotes nor the cover yet, but will do, I promise.

Wayne's World
Wayne Campbell: Am I supposed to be a man, am I supposed to say, it's OK, I don't mind. I don't mind. Well I mind! I mind big time? And you know what the worst part is? I NEVER LEARNED TO READ.
Cassandra: Is that true?
Wayne Campbell: Yes, everything except the reading part

Wayne's World 2
Wayne: Who are you?
Jim: I'm Jim Morrison.
Wayne: And who's he?
Jim: A weird naked indian.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Bill: Socrates: "The only true wisdom consists of knowing you know nothing".
Ted: That's us, dude.

The Secret of NIMH
Mrs. Brisby: You keep making all that noise, and Dragon's sure to hear you, if he hasn't already.
Jeremy: Wouldn't you sing too? I mean, if you felt...
[laughs]
Jeremy: if you felt the call of the wild?
Mrs. Brisby: I would not, if I knew there was a cat nearby.
Jeremy: But she's out there, somewhere. And when I find here, I'll feel it way down in my wish bone. I - -What cat?

An American Tail
Tiger: Listen, I like mice.
[Fievel cries]
Tiger: Oh, no. Not like that. You see, I don't eat red meat at all. I'm a vegetarian. Oh, a little fish now and then, but what I really like is a nice piece of... shh... broccoli.

Quills
"Why should I love God? He strung up his only son like a side of veal. I shudder to think what he'd do to me."

The Goonies
Irene Walsh: Pants and shirts go in the... oh, forget about it. Just throw everything into cardboard boxes. Clark, can you really translate all that?
Mouth: For sure, Mrs. Walsh.
Mouth: [in Spanish] The marajuana goes in the top drawer. The cocaine and speed go in the second drawer. And the heroin goes in the bottom drawer. Always separate the drugs.

Fight Club
"Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
This is such a quotable movie, I wouldn't know where to start. But here goes one of the best:
Lancelot: Look, my liege.
[trumpets]
King Arthur: Camelot.
Sir Galahad: Camelot.
Lancelot: Camelot.
Patsy: It's only a model.
King Arthur: Shh.

Stigmata
"The kingdom of God is within you and all around you. It is not within buildings of wood or stone. Split a piece of wood and you will find me. Look beneath a stone and I am there."
12 Horas
For which I found no cover nor quotes and Eze thinks it's one of the worst movies ever made.

Zoolander
Matilda: I became...
Hansel: What?
Matilda: Bulimic.
Derek Zoolander: You can read minds?

2 comments:
HEHEHEHE, that is so genious...with your permission i will do the same in my post... :P
But of course, and count me in on popping up on your journal to see what you did. This is therapeutic. ^_^
Post a Comment