Saturday, November 06, 2004

Spotless, though full-screened



I barely have time to post now, so bear with me if what I post is seemingly banal banter.

I didn't quite grasp what the whole hooplah was about when Eze talked about widescreen versus fullscreen. Well, this movie put it in quite a perspective. A movie in which you KNOW (if you watch the fullscreen version) you're not getting what the director meant visually (and let's not even talk about watching it with default TV-integrated sound system vs. a kick-ass home theatre)... This movie in fullscreen version, watched in a 19" TV set with no sound system to speak of is, for lack of better words, WONDERFUL. I just wish I had seen it for the first time as it was really meant to be seen.

A movie that displays the essence of human relationships at its grittiest, nonetheless conceding that no matter how gritty it gets, when there's love, it's undeniable. And sometimes, even if it's over, it is the memories, the good together with the bad, that make us who we are. Memories: precious jewels (in my own opinion). Sometimes we hang on to them as if to dear life, but I would say that it is our subconscious that realizes that these memories constitute our very being. Without them, we would have no history, we would be a very sad shell rolling around in the winds of life (oh the drama! but it is true!)

And now that I notice, why the hell am I posting this here instead of in the Tangled Emotions blog?! Damn! well ... you may as well enjoy while it's here ...

The tireless rants of someone who mostly lives and feels in the present but revisits the past more often than she should.

No comments: