
Happily Ever After
Which from what I understand delves into the question of fidelity and happinness in marriage ... basically topples over any ill-founded perception that marriage guarantees a happy, fairy-tale ending (a realistic, often cynical point of view that seems redundant in any case, however it's not uncalled for ... every once in a while we need a little wake up call from the pink cloud we live in ... or at least the one I live in).

Kontroll
Plot according to imdb.com: The massive labyrinthine netherworld that is the Budapest subway system provides the stunning setting for 'Kontroll,' a high-style, high-speed romantic thriller in which the lives of assorted outcasts, lovers, and dreamers intersect and collide. One handsome young hero, one mysterious maiden, and one particularly nasty killer must conduct a race against time, trains, and destiny itself in their frantic pursuit of one another.
All I know is that I get a very nice vibe from the trailer. I loved the visuals shown, and the kooky ideas, plus the speed of pacing (well, this is just a trailer, who knows about the movie) reminds me of Run Lola Run. I hope I can get to see it, find out if I'm right or wrong.

Old Boy
Plot according to imdb.com: An average man is kidnapped and imprisoned in a hotel room for 15 years without explanation. He then is released, equipped with money, a cellphone and expensive clothes. As he strives to explain his imprisonment and get his revenge, he soon finds out that not only his kidnapper has still plans for him, but that those plans will serve as the even worse finale to 15 years of imprisonment.
Ever since I saw Ichi: The Killer, I've fallen in love with these ultra-violent films. Lots of unsensitive gore, very interesting plots ... and lovely special effects (yessss ... blood is not that easy to emulate).

Dark Water
#1 - In this film the star is none other than the extremely beautiful, exquisite Jennifer Connelly (always been in love with her ... since Labyrinth)
#2 - The writing credits go to those responsible for Ringu, however the director is a Brazilian guy (nothing to do with those responsible for The Ring - American adaptation of Ringu. This might be a very good thing for those skeptical due to a hatred for the The Ring movies ... people, this might turn out to be good)
Me? I'm already sold! :-D Slap Jenny on any movie, I'm gonna watch it.

No comments:
Post a Comment